Join me as we dive in watercolor and strengthen our practice with a weekly video demonstration. This class will help you if you've never worked with watercolors and always wanted to. If you've tried and just can't get the hang of it, I'll lead you through a series of fun demo's to keep your hands moving and your mind interested in where watercolors can take your art. I feel like my art and muscle memory for creating has really strengthened since I decided to make watercolor a daily practice. We will work with faces but I'll also throw in some other goodies to keep you inspired. We will be working June through December this year and I just know that you'll grow and evolve with this weekly practice. If you've always wanted to LOVE watercolor but just couldn't get the hang of it, then join this amazing group of kindreds who will be there to share and support you through the journey. I can't wait to see your creations.
- 4 lessons a month June through December (24 lessons in all)
- supportive FB group
- Guest artist Sylwia Gryczuk
- Class begins June 5th
- Registration - $139
- Optional 4 month payment plan. Click the link below to sign up to be billed $34.75 for 4 months. (a total of $139)
Lesson examples are as follows:
- creating a girl on a watercolor tag - loose play
- painting circles and learning how the color works by overlapping
- monochromatic girl
- Unicorn girl using alternative colors for the features
- learn how to use watercolor and all about it's intensity levels
- combining watercolor and collage with gesso and auditioning out bits from your painted fodder
- more to come as I continue to film....
How long will I have access to the course? Lifetime access
Do I need all the supplies on the supply list?
No, I am all about using what you have on hand. Any watercolor palette will be fine. I love the Prima palettes and will be using a few Daniel Smith colors but feel free to use what you like or already have.
If I fail to pay the 4 month payments will I lose access to the class? Yes, if you fail to make a payment, my course platform will remove you from the class. The workshop is set up using the Ruzuku platform and after 3 failed attempts to charge your card, (via stripe)... the platform automatically removes you from the course. If you have any questions about this, please contact me inside the classroom. thanks!
- Julie nutting watercolor tags 3.5x8.5
Strathmore ready cut hot press watercolor paper: 8x10
watercolors - any sets are fine but I'll be using Prima palettes:
- the number 90 pencil is a great color to use and is in the Julie Nutting skin tone pack. All the others are fantastic as well!
tim holtz plain tissue
I need your help spreading the news about Watercolor Play and Discover
I'm going to give away 1 spot. (if you've already signed up, no worries....if you win, I'll refund your money)
Please share this blog post link on your blog, pinterest, instagram, or Facebook
come back here and let me know - leave your name, email address, and how you shared
drawing will be done on May 18th, 2017