The only problem I found is how do I create these wonderful things? I mean, there is society 6 and other on-demand print options. But they are not very cost effective to resell in your shop or at craft fairs, nor have I found a place that can customize and create washi tapes. Until just a few months ago. I have found a contact that has been Awesome to work with. So far, I have designed 5 styles of washi tape. The first set of tapes sold out within 24 hours and when I launched my pouches, there was a frenzy of activity in my shop too. I love that Etsy has evolved and allowed production partners for your shop so that you can sell these amazing products.
I will be revealing my partners and walking you through the design process to create your own tapes, pouches, and stickers. It really is easier than you might think, but I do feel you need some direction of Where to go and How to go about it. This is where I come in. I walk you through photoshop and one other easy online program to create your designs. I give you ordering specifics and the ins and outs of minimum order quantities and exactly how to order with my partners.
Here are some things to consider before signing up:
- high speed internet
- MAC or PC (I'll be using a Mac)
- photoshop (*for stickers and one demo alternative for washi)
- images scanned in at 300dpi (*I will not be covering scanning in class)
- class begins January 1st, 2018
- Early registration $49 through December 26th, lifetime access
- Regular registration begins December 27th --> $59
- I show you exactly, step-by-step (through a recorded screen video of how to layout and design your pouch, washi and stickers) as well as how to go about ordering. Each partner is a bit different.
- I layout all the measurements and walk you through (via video) how to get your images/art into a form ready for your products.
- examples of image files, and written directions, tips, and reminders
- exact links to partners website, ordering, and email addresses you'll need
- I'll be working with a MAC, but you can also use a PC. (*directions in photoshop may be slightly different)
- MOQ of the washi tapes (for 1 design) is 50 rolls (so this requires about an initial investment of around $100). each design order is 50 rolls minimum. so if you have 3 designs, you will be required to order 150. this is for the partners to keep costs down. they cannot make small runs of these tapes
- *no minimum order for pouches
who this class is designed for:
- someone with a library of images/art
- someone looking to get their own washi tapes, pouches and/or stickers printed to resell
- someone who has basic computer skills with double clicking, dragging, resizing, etc
- **sticker designs will require photoshop. with Washi, I'll show you two methods (one with and one without using photoshop) for pouches, you won't need photoshop.
- basic knowledge of photoshop CS6 for creating stickers
- someone with a scanner to scan in their artwork
- someone who is in search of a washi tape, pouch, and sticker strategic partner.
who this class is NOT designed for:
- someone who doesn't have a scanner to scan images
- someone who doesn't have several images/art to use in the products
- someone who doesn't have basic computer skills
- someone without high speed internet
What you'll need before we start:
- a scanner - I will not cover scanning in class but you'll need to have artwork scanned in at 300DPI. I use an EPSON v700 photo scanner. Here is the updated version
- photoshop - *for stickers mainly. but I'll also show you an additional method for creating washi in photoshop too. I use CS6. You can download a trial version of photoshop or sign up for the creative cloud. Photoshop is an investment that is well worth it. I will NOT be covering basic photoshop skills but I'll be showing you exactly how to create these. If you want to learn more about photoshop, I recommend signing up for a class on Lynda.com
- a small investment of about $100 to purchase washi tapes. - *if/when you decided to order
here are some examples of these items I've designed:
I'm going to give away 2 spots. (if you've already signed up, no worries....if you win, I'll refund your money) Please share this blog post link on your blog, pinterest, instagram (tag me if you like: @mindy_lacefield), or Facebook, etc come back here and let me know - leave your name, email address, and how you shared (***your posts will not be published to protect your email for spammers) drawing will be done on December 8th, 2017