Here are some interesting facts about me and my etsy journey:
- it took me 3 months before I sold a single thing on etsy.
- my first sale was a penguin made with oil pastels
- my third sale was from my mom
- I didn't have a social media presence back in 2007 (was it even a thing back then?) no blog, no instagram, no FB, zilch, nada....
- I was a makeup artist and art student at UALR when I first began selling on line.
- Later in 2009, Etsy featured me in their "Quit your day Job"series
- In March 2010, I was featured seller on Etsy. (kind of a big deal back then....it was a crazy, fun whirlwind!!)
Here is some of my first faces that I sold:
To celebrate my 10 years, I am having a big sale in my shop.
Just enter code at checkout: BIG10ETSY to save 40% on self-paced classes, prints and select originals. Coupon is good through Monday, March 13th.
dolls by Simplijessi and Boopsy Daisy.
(paintings behind me, mine)
I was on the cover of Somerset Studio in 2010!!!
My advice for others looking to sell their art online:
- begin! this is the hardest part because it seems so overwhelming with all the steps involved
- list 1 item a day in your shop. by the time a week is up, your shop is filled with beautiful art
- of course the item above means that you'll need to paint often. I try to paint everyday to keep the muscle memory strong. if you don't paint for a week, some of the muscle memory can be lost (at least it is for me)
- don't wait till you have a social media presence, (yes I think things have changed since the early days of etsy and you will probably need to begin thinking of instagram and Facebook but don't let it stop you from beginning)
- list often and refresh your shop with new art
It's so goooood to read this Mindy, I love that I have been lucky enough to follow your journey almost from the start of your Etsy life (just shy of a year I think), it's been a good long while for sure and times have changed a bunch since then but one thing stays true and that is that I still love seeing every single piece you make. Huge hugs for youReplyDelete
thank you sweet friend! time flies, unh?! so grateful to watch your journey too. you are inspiring, my love...!! xoxo!Delete