Here are some interesting facts about me and my etsy journey:
- it took me 3 months before I sold a single thing on etsy.
- my first sale was a penguin made with oil pastels
- my third sale was from my mom
- I didn't have a social media presence back in 2007 (was it even a thing back then?) no blog, no instagram, no FB, zilch, nada....
- I was a makeup artist and art student at UALR when I first began selling on line.
- Later in 2009, Etsy featured me in their "Quit your day Job"series
- In March 2010, I was featured seller on Etsy. (kind of a big deal back then....it was a crazy, fun whirlwind!!)
Here is some of my first faces that I sold:
To celebrate my 10 years, I am having a big sale in my shop.
Just enter code at checkout: BIG10ETSY to save 40% on self-paced classes, prints and select originals. Coupon is good through Monday, March 13th.
dolls by Simplijessi and Boopsy Daisy.
(paintings behind me, mine)
I was on the cover of Somerset Studio in 2010!!!
My advice for others looking to sell their art online:
- begin! this is the hardest part because it seems so overwhelming with all the steps involved
- list 1 item a day in your shop. by the time a week is up, your shop is filled with beautiful art
- of course the item above means that you'll need to paint often. I try to paint everyday to keep the muscle memory strong. if you don't paint for a week, some of the muscle memory can be lost (at least it is for me)
- don't wait till you have a social media presence, (yes I think things have changed since the early days of etsy and you will probably need to begin thinking of instagram and Facebook but don't let it stop you from beginning)
- list often and refresh your shop with new art